Javascript library to browse/query a vo registry?

Renaud Savalle renaud.savalle at obspm.fr
Thu Aug 31 12:47:32 CEST 2023

Hello Alberto,

On 2023-08-30 16:17, alberto micol wrote:

> Dear Registry and Applications WGs,
>
> Do you know if a javascript library to browse/query a vo registry exists?

Not specifically for the registry, but when you access it with RegTAP I
guess you could use

- André Schaff et al's code presented in 2016 at Trieste:
https://gitlab.com/cdsdevcorner/votable.js along with your own TAP
transaction code (for example written with jQuery)
- Jean-Christophe Malapert and Thomas Rolling's code which seem to
handle TAP https://github.com/malapert/JsVotable (I haven't tested it)

I'll let those authors please comment about the status of their
software. In my current projects, I found more convenient to rely on the
robust pyvo.registry implementation on the server-side with Django. In
the browser, it might also be doable with interesting modern solutions
such as PyScript (https://pyscript.net/) ?

Renaud.