Request for Apps session support

Tom Donaldson tdonaldson at stsci.edu
Fri May 1 17:51:52 CEST 2020

Hello Applications WG,

The schedule is set for next week’s virtual interop meeting:  https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/InterOpMay2020

Each session will be managed by the working group named in the Notes column.  There are 3 roles for managing a session:

Presenter/Session Chair:  The main person introducing, presenting and/or lead the discussion
Zoom moderator:  Watch for people that need muting/ejection, and monitor the chat and doc for questions
Note taker:  Be the primary note taker for the session.  Notes are written to a shared doc, so other can contribute simultaneously

The Applications WG has several of these sessions, so I’m reaching out for volunteers to help manage the sessions.  The Presenter role is in place for each session, so please let me know ASAP if you can volunteer to be moderator or note taker for any of the sessions below (note that all times are UTC).

Thanks very much,
Tom

Apps Sessions:

Tue, 5 May, 15:00 - Annotations of light curves using VOTable (Really managed by TDIG)

Wed, 6 May, 20:30 - Lifecycle of making a document change in the IVOA repository (VOTable example)

Thu, 7 May, 04:30 - Automatic builds of VO documents (using VOTable example)

Thu, 7 May, 20:30 - A Python based TAP Server at Caltech/IPAC-NExScI

Thu, 7 May, 22:00 - PyVO and the end User

Fri, 8 May, 22:00 - Maintenance of externally-facing IVOA resources