New VOTable 1.4 Working Draft

Mark Taylor M.B.Taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Thu Apr 4 17:02:06 CEST 2019

Tom,

I hope to add some TIMESYS capability to STIL/STILTS/TOPCAT before
the Paris interop, I'm not sure yet if this would be in released or
pre-release code.  The intention would be to do what I've done for
COOSYS (since topcat 4.5): model the TIMESYS element in STIL's
internal model of a table and update the VOTable input and output
handlers accordingly, so that topcat/stilts can round-trip VOTables
while preserving TIMESYS elements, and allow display of the TIMESYS
attributes in topcat's column metadata window.  On this timescale
I probably will not attempt anything smarter than that,
e.g. functions to actually make use of this time system metadata.

I guess I should prototype TIMESYS validation in taplint too,
though coping with a new VOTable version *may* make that more
complicated than it sounds ... I'll see how I go.

I'll report back if I make progress.

Mark