Dachs VO registry and Aladin

Markus Demleitner msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Sep 13 20:48:50 CEST 2018

Hi all,

On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 05:45:14PM +0200, Karin Dassas wrote:
> Our problem is that the VO Registry created by Dachs doesn't
> publish the names or description of the tables as independent. The
> drawback being that, when Aladin is collecting information about
> our service, all it reads is generic information about IDOC and not
> about the data.

For apps: The background of this is the Proposed Endorsed Note on
Discovering Data Collections,
http://ivoa.net/documents/Notes/discovercollections

(which really is a Registry thing, but connected to Apps because, as
Pierre will testify, presenting data collections discovered is a bit
of a challenge).

Pierre, can you comment on the implementation status of that in
Aladin? Or should the GloTS workaround help (in which case: why
didn't it work for Karin et al?)

The rest of this is a DaCHS-specific -- let's keep any further
discussion on anything below this on dachs-support.

> Therefore when searching for ???Omega??? or ???Mars" in Aladin's
> collection our services aren't listed but when we search for idoc
> they are.
> We would like to see the table names instead of  ???idoc-dachs TAP
> service???  in the Aladin tree (cf image).
>
> We would like to know if someone else had the same problem and if
> they could offer a workaround.

Well, I've had this problem for a long, long time, which is why I
wrote the PEN I've cited above.  The good news is: you don't need to
read it.

Just write, as a child of a table element,

  <publish/>

(if unsure:
http://svn.ari.uni-heidelberg.de/svn/gavo/hdinputs/urat1/q.rd has an
example) and then execute

  dachs pub q

(or whatever the name of your RD is) on the shell.  Changes will take
a day or so to propagate.

         -- Markus