Timesys note review

Markus Demleitner msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Nov 30 13:23:37 CET 2018

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 12:28:52PM +0100, AdaNebot wrote:
> >> TOPOCENTER
> >>   +------- EARTH_SURFACE
> >>   |             +-------------- LA_SILLA
> >>   |             +-------------- MAUNA_KEA
> >>   |             `-------------- CAMBRIDGE_UK
> >>   +------- LEO
> >>   |         +------------ ISS
> >>   |         `------------ ROSAT
> >>   `------- EARTH_L2
> >>                +------------ GAIA
> >>                `------------ JWST
> >>
> I like the idea.
> What do we do with missions on their way somewhere (Cassini, Voyager,…) ?

I suppose TOPOCENTER is only thing we can interoperably say on
such beasts, so in that sketch they'd be siblings of LEO, EARTH_L2,
and so on (which already suggests it's a good idea to keep the
individual instruments in a different vocabulary and use RDF
referencing to associate them with the approximate positions).

I guess even a term INNER_SOLAR_SYSTEM (perhaps defined as anything
within ~ 30 lightminutes of BARYCENTER) might be stretching the
utility of the concept (but who knows?).

     -- Markus