Timesys note review

François Bonnarel francois.bonnarel at astro.unistra.fr
Thu Nov 29 16:33:24 CET 2018

Hi all,

I think that time representation is MUCH MORE than serialisation (it
implies a time origin and sometimes a time scale, eg for julian and
besslian years), so I was initially supporting something close to what
Arnold's proposed.

But like Markus, many of my co-authors convinced me that less attributes
will be more error-free.

I was still uneasy with the MJD/JD being hidden to the  VOTable human
reader!

So I I would like to support Mark Taylor's proposal with one little change

I find It's  strange that  timeorigin contains the time representation.

So I suggest timeorigin="MJD-origin" or "JD-origin"

Cheers

François