Save the Date: Astronomical Data Archives meeting in Sydney, Australia

Tom Donaldson tdonaldson at stsci.edu
Wed Nov 28 14:27:37 CET 2018

For those of you involved in data archives, this looks to be a great meeting.  Let Simon know if you are interested!

Cheers,
Tom

From: Simon O'Toole <simon.otoole at mq.edu.au>
Date: Monday, November 26, 2018 at 12:18 AM
Subject: Save the Date: Astronomical Data Archives meeting in Sydney, Australia

Dear astronomical data archivists,

As some of you may be aware, we are organising an Astronomical Data Archives meeting in Sydney next year. The dates are 5-8 August 2019; please put this in you calendars if you are interested in attending!

The goals of the meeting are to determine what areas of data archives we can collaborate on, and where we can share information, data and code. There is a lot of great work being done here with new technologies (as seen at the ADASS and IVOA meetings), and it would be great to avoid duplicating effort. And of course we’re all interested in interoperability.

Please pass this on to anyone you think might be interested.

We are trying to get an idea of numbers, so if you are interested, please reply to this email.

Thanks!
Simon

p.s. apologies if you receive this email more than once!
p.p.s. for those interested, there will be a game of cricket.
[Data Central]<https://datacentral.org.au/>

Simon O'Toole<mailto:simon.otoole at mq.edu.au> • Senior Research Systems Engineer • Data Central Project Scientist<https://datacentral.org.au>

datacentral.org.au<https://datacentral.org.au> • Australian Astronomical Optics, Macquarie University<https://www.mq.edu.au/>

—