Simple Cone Search 1.1 - (new) internal WD

Marco Molinaro molinaro at oats.inaf.it
Mon Oct 9 14:26:32 CEST 2017

Dear all,
at the oncoming Interop in Santiago I will give a quick status report
on the Simple Cone Search revision task.

I just fixed a couple of sentences and typos in the internal WD built
in July and I attach it here for you.

Discussion points are still the same.
I would say that
1 - ReST vs. query_param access_url
2 - RESOURCE type="results" and multiple RESOURCEs
3 - minor vs. major revision

are the main ones, while
4 - trying or not to use UCD1+

can be left out until/if we tackle number 3.

As for the "§2.3b INFO element error validation" issue, I set up an
Erratum that should take care of it
(http://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/SCS-1_03-Err-1).

The full view on Cone Search is available starting at
http://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/ConeSearch

Every comment and contribution is welcome and appreciated.
I especially ask cone search providers and apps developers
to join this task to update this block of the DAL landscape.

Cheers,
     Marco

PS - this is a DAL internal WD, but Apps is alerted for obvious reasons
PPS - detailed revisions can be followed also on volute