Time Series Cube DM - IVOA Note

Pierre Fernique Pierre.Fernique at astro.unistra.fr
Mon Apr 3 14:30:26 CEST 2017

Hi Mark,

If you are catching my main point, it is the more important.  The
VOTable parser was an example. And I have to apologize: STILTS is
indubitably a counter example of a partial implementation. But in my
knowledge, the list of other VOTable 1.3 compatible libs is not so
large, or ? And if I have no lib available for my development context
(UWS, VOSpace, ADQL parser...), the entry ticket is expensive, and, I
believe, more expensive than before. The level of this effort is, for
me,  a important criteria for knowing if such of such IVOA standard has
a chance to be widely used or if it has no chance to be really used a day.

For me the question is always, do we really need to describe such a
complexity ? And if yes, what is its cost ? Do we think that the future
clients will be ready to do this effort ?

In any case, thanks to correct me on STILTS and VOTable 1.3 release date.

Cheers
Pierre