Marking up HEALPix index columns in VOTable

Marco Molinaro molinaro at oats.inaf.it
Thu Aug 11 16:03:37 CEST 2016

Dear all,
if the order is what is needed,
considering the MOC standardization to be in place,
I vote for a solution that is a part of Rick's suggestion

N -> pos.healpix;meta.number

into a table level PARAM.
Maybe mixed to a single addition to UCD words:

meta.order

if we want some more specific detail and a reusable word.
(thus going pos.healpix;meta.order)

However I must say that I'm working on a tableset that,
if it were to return such field, would have a non-homogeneous
order for tessellation. But this case is not covered by the
"horrible" solution either.
I think I'll use the NUNIQ, even if it means probably that I'll need
64-bit integers to store it.

Cheers,
     Marco