Using Docker in the VO

Ray Plante rplante at illinois.edu
Wed Mar 4 23:08:17 CET 2015

Hey Dave,

We're using Docker in a platform called NDS Labs, which is a project
of the US National Data Service initiative (nationaldataservice.org).
You can find more info about it at
http://labsportal.nationaldataservice.org/.

One of the projects we're hosting in that environment is one that
allows users to provide python or R (or ...) scripts to be run safely
against a remote dataset.  One of the apps we run in a Docker
container is the IPython notebook.

cheers,
Ray