VOSpace 2.1 and UWS 1.1

Andre Schaaff andre.schaaff at astro.unistra.fr
Thu Mar 20 01:35:26 PDT 2014

Hello,

(we send also this mail to the apps WG as people having implemented
VOSpace / UWS libraries are concerned by the evolutions of theses
standards, remarks and suggestions from people using applications in
which VOSpace or UWS are implemented are also welcome, and in any case
all comments are welcome !)

Following the last interop in Hawaii we have a roadmap concerning
VOSpace and UWS for the next one hosted by ESAC in May.

Concerning VOSpace 2.1, Brian Major has started a discussion page here :

http://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/VOSpace21Spec

Concerning UWS 1.1, Paul Harrison is maintaining the two following documents

one concerning the suggestions which are summerized here :

http://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/UWSEnhancement

and a second one concerning the draft of the 1.1 release :

https://volute.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/projects/grid/uws/doc/UWS.html

this second document is not completely updated but Paul will update and
clean it for the next interop

Remark : VOSpace 2.1 and UWS 1.1 will integrate minor (to maintain the
backward compatibility) changes but the discussion is open to all the
needs and suggestions which are not in this scope to prepare the next
major evolutions of these standards.

So feel free to make any comment / suggestion or to start a discussion
on a specific point.

We will prepare and publish the new working drafts at least one week
before Madrid.

Regards,

André Schaaff and Andreas Wicenec