CDS ADQL Library v1.0 released

Grégory Mantelet gregory.mantelet at astro.unistra.fr
Mon Mar 5 02:11:26 PST 2012

Dear Applications-List,

     The CDS ADQL Library is now released in a stable version 1.0 !

     You can get it and its documentation at the following address:
http://cdsportal.u-strasbg.fr/adqltuto/

     This Java library lets you parse, manipulate and translate any ADQL
query. You will find a demonstration of the main features at:
http://cdsportal.u-strasbg.fr/adqltuto/demo.html.

     All of them are customizable, and particularly the translation
which strongly depends of your DBMS (or of the way you want to execute
ADQL). For the moment, only the Postgres and Postgres+PgSphere
translations are included in the library. But you can easily extend them
or create new translation thanks to a simple interface: see
http://cdsportal.u-strasbg.fr/adqltuto/translator.html for more details.
If you do it for other DBMS, it could be useful for other people, so you
can send it to me so that I add it to the library or on the website.

     The parser has been generated thanks to JavaCC (a Java parser
generator). The grammar definition file can be downloaded from the
following page: http://cdsportal.u-strasbg.fr/adqltuto/download.html.
You can also download a Javascript ADQL editor (using CodeMirror) which
only adds syntactic coloration for the moment, but an auto-completion
may be added if I have some time to work on it.

     If you encounter errors or problems while using this library do not
hesitate to contact me.

Cheers,
Grégory