Call for Applications talks in Urbana

Mark Taylor m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Apr 20 03:11:29 PDT 2012

Dear Applicationers,

this is a call for presentations at the Applications WG sessions at
the IVOA Interop meeting in Urbana next month.  We are planning three
Apps sessions.  Submissions are invited from people who wish to
present work on desktop, web, or other applications relevant to
the Virtual Obervatory, particularly those which make use of
IVOA standards.  Presentations to stimulate discussion relevant
to the applications community in the VO are also welcome.
A primary focus of these sessions is to provide feedback to
those working on the standards.

Presentations may optionally include software demonstrations,
and are usually allocated a limit of about 15 minutes including
questions (shorter talks are fine too), though this will depend
on the number of submissions.

Since SAMP 1.3 has just reached Recommendation status, presentations
demonstrating use of the SAMP Web Profile in production or experimental
web applications would be of particular interest.

If you wish to give a talk, please let me have a provisional title
and author list (with more detail if you like).

Thanks,

Mark Taylor (Apps Chair)
Enrique Solano (Apps Vice-Chair)