STC-S parser ?

Patrick Dowler patrick.dowler at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Wed Nov 9 12:12:14 PST 2011

On 2011-11-09 09:12:38 Thomas Boch wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> STC-S regions in SIAP query response are becoming more and more common,
> and I'd like to take advantage of this information to display the FoV of
> the image in Aladin.
> As you know, I am a lazy guy and was wondering if someone had already
> developed an STC-S parser (ideally in Java, but another language would
> be fine).
> Cheers,

hi Thomas,

there is a minimal STC-S parser in the cadcTAP module of OpenCADC. I will
probably separate it from cadcTAP so it can be built as a small jar by itself.
I was planning that sometime in the next month or so (when I refactor the
module) but if it helps I can do it next week to make it easier for you to
just check out and use the stc code.

It is just the classes in the ca.nrc.cadc.stc package and very simple, but it
can read and write STC-S. IIRC, the STC class has static method(s) to parse
and format.

Let me know if you have any questions.

--

Patrick Dowler
Tel/Tél: (250) 363-0044

Centre canadien de donnees astronomiques
Conseil national de recherches Canada
5071, chemin West Saanich
Victoria (C.-B.) V9E 2M7