SAMP 1.3 WD

Mark Taylor m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Thu May 12 13:35:34 PDT 2011

Dear Apps and GWS,

as trailed earlier on the apps-samp list, I've drafted and uploaded
a new Working Draft (1.3) of the SAMP standard.  This should appear on
the IVOA docs page in due course, in the mean time you can see it at:

   http://www.star.bristol.ac.uk/~mbt/websamp/WD-samp-1.3.html
   http://www.star.bristol.ac.uk/~mbt/websamp/WD-samp-1.3.pdf

(see the parent page for a bit more context).

This version is much the same as SAMP v1.2, except that it contains
a new section (sec 5) on the Web Profile, which we started to
discuss at Nara.  There are some open security issues concerning
this which are tentatively discussed in the draft, and which I'd
like to make progress on in Naples (in the Apps 1 session).

SAMP is not GWS business, but I'm CCing GWS because GWS members
may have expert knowledge on web applications and on security which
could benefit the discussion.  Potential attendees of the Apps 1
session who need some light reading on the flight over are invited
to take a look especially at section 5.4 of this draft.

Best wishes,