Applications Sessions at Nara

Tom McGlynn Thomas.A.McGlynn at nasa.gov
Mon Nov 8 07:19:34 PST 2010

Dear Colleagues,

We are currently planning on have two sessions at Nara for
presentations on services and software that use IVOA protocols.
Please let us know if you would like to give a talk or demo.  We need
to know the speaker name, the title you would like and some indication
of the kind of service -- a short abstract is ideal.  Nominally the
two sessions will be for Web-based and local applications though the
line between these can sometimes be blurry.  Generally talks should
emphasize the role of the IVOA standards, including any issues that
may have arisen in using them.  Depending upon demand talks will range
between 12 and 20 minutes.

There will also be two special sessions at Nara devoted to three
high-priority use cases: supporting SEDs, ObsTAP, and querying by
classes or lists of objects.  If you think your application is
relevant to one of these topics we may wish to consider including it
in the appropriate special session.

Note that 'application' here is intended to be interpreted broadly:
Discussions of libraries and toolkits are fine.  Also, services need
not be fully polished to be appropriate.  A central goal of these
talks is to get feedback into the standards development process, and
early feedback is very desirable.

Hoping to see you in Nara,

      Tom McGlynn
      Applications Chair