[AstroPy] Python interface for querying Vizier?

Rick Wagner rwagner at physics.ucsd.edu
Mon Jun 21 18:55:37 PDT 2010

Hi Marshall,

I don't know if anyone has written a Python interface specifically for VizieR, but CDS does release a command-line client [1], which could be wrapped in systems calls. However, I would probably go with using SOAPpy [2] to call the VizieR portion of the CDS Web Services [3].

I've cc'ed the IVOA Applications [4] mailing list, because that's where you're likely to find out about the latest VO tools. Feel free to ask there, and check the link for tools that might suit your needs.

--Rick

[1] http://cdswww.u-strasbg.fr/vizier/doc/cdsclient.html
[2] http://pywebsvcs.sourceforge.net/
[3] http://cdsweb.u-strasbg.fr/cdsws.gml