WD-SAMP-1.2-20100719

Mark Taylor m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Wed Aug 18 07:50:17 PDT 2010

Dear Applications Working Group,

a Working Draft of version 1.2 of the SAMP standard has now been
published, and is available at:

   http://www.ivoa.net/Documents/cover/SAMP-20100719.html

(this isn't quite new news, but for one reason and another I haven't
actually drawn attention to it before).
The changes, listed in Appendix B, are fairly minor:

    * Use of new SAMP_HUB environment variable lockfile location
      option documented in section 4.3.
    * Added Non-Technical Preamble section 1.1 as per agreement for
      all new/revised IVOA documents.

There are no unresolved disagreements on the apps-samp list about
the details.  We already have two interoperating implementations
of the new SAMP_HUB feature (as well as all the features from
the v1.11 REC):

   - SAMPy 1.2.0beta:
       http://cosmos.iasf-milano.inaf.it/luigi/projects/vo/samp/sampy-1.2.0beta/
   - JSAMP 1.1:
       http://software.astrogrid.org/doc/p/jsamp/1.1/

I'll give it a couple of weeks for anybody in the Apps WG to comment,
and then if there are no objections I'll ask Tom to promote it to PR.