Call for contributions to next IVOA newsletter

Mark Allen allen at newb6.u-strasbg.fr
Sun Oct 4 09:47:44 PDT 2009

Dear all,

We would like to call for contributions to the next (3rd) issue of the
IVOA
newsletter that we intend to publish in early November before the
interop
meeting.

The IVOA newsletter aims to bring the latest news about Virtual
Observatory
applications to astronomers by drawing upon developments throughout the
international VO community and the national projects linked by the IVOA.
It is composed of short (~100 word) articles highlighting new VO
capabilities,
together with a list of recent papers and upcoming events.

Articles are to be submitted to ivoa-news-editors at ivoa.net  by October
28.

Contributors are requested to use the same brief format for articles
as used in the previous issues
(http://www.ivoa.net/newsletter). This is a short text highlighting a
new application or feature, with a single small
image (that may expand to a larger one via a link) and a URL for more
information. Remember that
the audience is the general astronomy scientific community so VO
jargon must be minimised,
and usefulness to astronomers maximised!

Articles will be chosen and edited by the Newsletter Editors. We hope
to be as inclusive as
possible, and the newsletter will be checked by an oversight committee
prior to release.

best regards,

IVOA Newsletter editors

Mark G. Allen