SAMPy 1.11.0

Luigi Paioro luigi at lambrate.inaf.it
Thu Apr 23 01:31:30 PDT 2009

Dear all,

   with the promotion of SAMP to IVOA Recommendation, I'm glad to
announce the first official release of SAMPy (v.1.11.0). Starting from
now, all the official SAMPy releases will be distributed through the
PANDORA site:

http://cosmos.iasf-milano.inaf.it/pandora/

at the SAMPy page:

http://cosmos.iasf-milano.inaf.it/pandora/sampy.html

For internal logging and financial reasons you are kindly requested to
register yourself before downloading SAMPy as any other PANDORA software.

Here below I report the the ChangeLog respect the last alpha release:

- First official SAMPy release 1.11.0
- SIGINT signal handling improved
- When the standard socket method to get the host name fails, 127.0.0.1
   loopback address is used by default
- Moved all private methods and attributes to semi-private in order to
   make easier the customization via inheritance
- Small bugs fixed
- Debug messages improved
- Hub as client operations call internally handled (performance a little
   improved)
- All classes now inherit from object (old-style classes are officially
   deprecated)
- Added password verification in sampasswd.py script
- Simplified messages and clients IDs
- Standard callable client interface operations added to SAMPClient and
   SAMPIntegratedClient classes

If you have any problem with this first official release, please don't
hesitate to contact me directly or through the PANDORA site.

With my best regards,

   Luigi

--

Luigi Paioro