Spectral cutout service

Petr Skoda skoda at sunstel.asu.cas.cz
Tue Sep 30 02:31:20 PDT 2008

Hi all,

Has been someone working on a implementation of a simple implementation of
a service delivering through SSAP not whole spectrum but only part of it
in selected wavelength range?

I am not able to find anything in SSAP 1.04 concerning the relevant
parameters. As I understand the BAND should be used to only impose
additional constraint on selection of spectra.
But if there is no  better way I would try to create 2 services with
different serviceURL to the same archive but for the cutout the BAND would
mean - select all spectra containing that range AND cut them to those
limits before sending.

Or is there another parameter conceived for this purpose (e.g.
CUTRANGE=wave_min/wave_max or CUTBAND ?

Or to do the cutout as default and device parametr for delivering whole
spectrum ?

What do you suggest ? Is there anything established for image cutouts ?
What is the current support of BAND in VO spectral clients ?

Thanks

Petr Skoda

*  Petr Skoda                         Phone : +420-323-649201, ext. 361 *
*  Stellar Department                         +420-323-620361           *
*  Astronomical Institute AS CR       Fax   : +420-323-620250           *
*  251 65 Ondrejov                    e-mail: skoda at sunstel.asu.cas.cz  *
*  Czech Republic                                                       *