SAMP protocol submitted as PR.

Tom McGlynn Thomas.A.McGlynn at nasa.gov
Mon Nov 24 06:32:35 PST 2008

As was discussed at the Baltimore IVOA, Mark Taylor has made some slight
updates to the SAMP protocol document and I've forwarded the revised
document to the the IVOA documents manager, Bruno Rino.  This transforms
SAMP from a working draft to a proposed recommendation and begins the
process to make it an approved recommendation.

Congratulations and many thanks to Mark and all who have worked with him
  in hammering out the document and also in implementing the protocol so
quickly.

We're looking at an RFC period that would include the Christmas and New
Year holidays, so my suggestion is that it go longer than the mandated
minimum four weeks, perhaps December 8 through January 19.  While I
don't anticipate any controversy, this should give members outside the
Apps group a chance to thoroughly review the document.

Please let me know if you have any comments on this process.  If I don't
hear anything to the contrary I'll send out a notification of the RFC to
the Interop mailing list shortly.

	Regards,
	Tom McGlynn
	Apps Chair