PLASTIC addon for firefox

Richard McMahon rgm at ast.cam.ac.uk
Thu May 22 07:23:00 PDT 2008

Le english version et ici.

On Thu, 22 May 2008, Derriere Sebastien wrote:

> Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 16:18:37 +0200
> From: Derriere Sebastien <derriere at newb6.u-strasbg.fr>
> To: apps at ivoa.net
> Subject: Re: PLASTIC addon for firefox
>

>    Hi all,
>
>    Anita suggested at the Trieste interop meeting that I
> should repost this while the mailing lists are less
> active ;o)
>    If you want to access the mozilla addon website, you
> probably need to be registered there. If so, please
> take a short moment to vote for the extension if you
> think it's worth it. That way, the extension can get
> public promotion and be available to anyone.
>
> Sebastien
>
> >   Hi all,
> >
> >   I was looking a while ago for an easy way to send data
> > directly from the browser to VO applications. I got frustrated
> > with the URL copy and paste, or local file save/reopen.
> >   So I've built a very simple addon to firefox, that allows
> > passing URLs from the browser to running VO applications
> > with plastic support.
> >
> >   If you want to try it, it is available:
> > https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/6783
> >   a few more explanations here:
> > http://astro.u-strasbg.fr/~derriere/PLASTIC/
> >
> >   It works at least with firefox 2.x
> > It uses native support for XML-RPC in the browser, that I
> > haven't found yet in firefox 3beta.
> >   If you have additional ideas, knowledge to extend this
> > in IE, etc... let me know!
> >
> >   I hope it'll be helpful to some of you.
> >
> > Sebastien.

 Dr. Richard G. McMahon    | Phone (office)     44-(0)-1223-337519
 University of Cambridge   |       (switchboard)       1223-337548
 Institute of Astronomy    |       (secretary)         1223-337516
 Madingley Rd              | FAX                       1223-337523
 Cambridge, CB3 OHA, UK.   | mobile                    7885-409019
 Office: Hoyle 18          | home                      1223-359770