Simbad data in Google Sky

Chenzhou CUI ccz at bao.ac.cn
Wed Sep 5 16:53:11 PDT 2007

Cool!

The astronomy applications for Google Sky are increasing rapidly. It
seems that Google Sky becomes a potential competitor of VO portals, i.e.
Aladin.

Cheers,

Thomas Boch wrote:
> Dear Apps members,
>
> We have worked the last few days on providing Simbad data in Google Sky.
> The KML file is available here :
> http://cdsweb.u-strasbg.fr/googlesky-pages/simbad.kml
>
> Once loaded in Sky, it will retrieve Simbad objects and display them
> with various icons according to the object type. The query is actually
> performed if and only if the span of the current view is smaller than
> 0.5 deg.
> The attached snapshot gives you an overview of what it looks like.
>
> Your comments and feedback are very welcome.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Thomas, for the CDS team

Chenzhou Cui
National Astronomical Observatory | Tel: (8610)64872500
Chinese Academy of Sciences       | FAX: (8610)64878240
Datun Road 20A, Chaoyang District | Email: ccz at bao.ac.cn
Beijing 100012, China             | WWW: www.lamost.org/~cb