Using the AstroRuntime against NVO registry

Juan de Dios Santander Vela jdsant at iaa.es
Fri Jun 15 07:19:00 PDT 2007

Hi, I'm trying to attach VO capabilities to an existing spectral
manipulation Java application, and I'm using the Astro Runtime for that.

My problem is that if I try to recover how many SSA services exist, I
obtain just 14 --with some of them not properly working--, but if I
query the NVO, I get as many as 22.

There are methods from the ivoa.externalRegistry class, that should
allow me to query the NVO, but I'm failing by:

a) Not being able to retrieve an appropriate NVO endpoint;
    maybe the methods in the ivoa.externalRegistry class cannot operate
    with the SOAP NVO?

b) Not being able to select whether a registry query uses a REST end-
point or
    a SOAP one?

Any pointers will be highly appreciated...

ps. While the Registry of Registries gets developed, is there any
"registry" that can be considered "the canonical registry", at least
for practical reasons? Is not registry harvesting fully operational?

--
Juan de Dios Santander Vela
Diplomado en CC. Físicas, Ingeniero en Electrónica

Thomas Alva Edison: Una experiencia nunca es un fracaso, porque
siempre viene a demostrar algo.