Applications Messaging Standard

Tony Linde Tony.Linde at leicester.ac.uk
Fri Feb 16 01:25:10 PST 2007

> is to explore alternatives to the use of file-based mechanisms for
> simple runtime discovery in a LAN type environment.

Can I ask if we all are talking about the same thing here? What are we
trying to discover at runtime with this file-based mechanism?

Where the hub is and how to invoke it?
How to communicate with the hub?
What other plastic apps are running and what they can do?

As I understand it, only the first two need a file-based mechanism since the
third is only done after the hub is up and is carried out via a message to
the hub. Is this right?

And why a LAN type environment? I thought we were only looking at single
client / single user use for now?

T.

http://www.Taglocity.com Tags: IVOA, apps