Applications Messaging Standard

Robert Hanisch hanisch at stsci.edu
Mon Feb 12 12:32:05 PST 2007

> You seem to be thinking about getting app metadata out of an IVOA registry.
> This is something we haven't done: the Hub only knows about applications that
> are currently running.  I think this is an idea well worth exploring.

We started discussing applications metadata and adding it into the registry
about two years ago, but the effort has kind of stalled.  There are some
notes from the Madrid Interop meeting that are relevant (
http://www.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/InterOpOct2005ResReg), and at the
bottom of this page you will see a link to ApplicationsSoftwareMetadata.pdf.
I am curious whether this is the kind of information of interest, or if this
information can be augmented to support the messaging needs.

Bob