Applications Messaging - Questions for the community

John Taylor jontayler at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 02:28:11 PST 2007

To kick off the discussion on applications messaging, Mike and I have
posed a series of questions for the apps working group.  We have our
own opinions on many of them, but want to hear the views of the
community.
You might feel that the answers to some of the questions are obvious:
that's fine, it's still good for us to get them clear at this early
stage and we can move on.  Don't feel obliged to answer every
question, but if you have strong views on something, let's hear them
and get them down on the wiki.  If you have any questions that we
should have asked, please do append them.

We'll then try to distill the collective wisdom of the community into
a plan on how to proceed, given the time constraints.  I'm
particularly interested in hearing what we think is doable in the
time we have.  I hope that we can separate out some easy wins that we
can implement quickly, while discussion of the harder stuff might
take longer.

http://www.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/ApplicationsMessaging

http://www.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/
ApplicationsMessagingInitialQuestions