Applications Messaging Standard (was Re: )

Alasdair Allan aa at astro.ex.ac.uk
Tue Feb 6 08:41:07 PST 2007

Noel Winstanley wrote:
> I don't think soap is the right tool for the job in this case. I'd
> like to draw the group's attention to JSON... as an increasingly
> popular alternative to XML-RPC, which is no more heavyweight, and
> is maybe a transport / representation that should also be considered.

JSON has mind share and is viewed as being "sexier" than XML-RPC for
some reason. I think it's a strong candidate. Certainly we should
just pick one of these data representations, preferably a fairly
widespread language neutral one, and shouldn't under any
circumstances roll our own. I don't think we'd want to go as far as
YAML though, I can't see the need?

Al.