Apps Messaging -- A New Approach

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Thu Apr 19 07:11:44 PDT 2007

> In the interest of neutrality, my own distaste for the 'VOOM' name
> (sorry Rob), and borrowing from the wisdom of others, let's call
> this the Simple Application Messaging Protocol (SAMP).

Thing One:  Obviously SAMP is what Sally uses before the Cat Comes Back.

Thing Two:  I tender "VOOOM" as the name for the ultimate, turbo
powered, protocol.

(The Seuss estate is likely to sue the IVOA if we spell it with only
two ohs, unfortunately.)

At some point all these "Simple" protocols will outlive their
usefulness.  At that point we could do worse than to borrow
nomenclature (if not spelling) from the good Doctor.  He's surely the
patron saint of ontologies, after all.

No need to apologize to me - I can lick 30 tigers today!

Rob