Apps messaging: Gathering requirements

John Taylor jontayler at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 03:07:35 PDT 2007

Hi again,
Apps Messaging has gone pretty quiet - in particular no-one has
disagreed with my summary of a two weeks ago...which I guess is a
sign that we've come to some conclusions.

I think it would be useful to our discussions if we had some idea of
the problems we want to solve with application messaging.  This
doesn't need to be a definitive list, just some concrete examples
that can guide our thinking.

http://www.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/ApplicationsMessagingUseCases

I've seeded the list with some of the tasks we currently accomplish
using PLASTIC.  I'd be grateful if others could add use cases that
are of interest to them (especially someone who is familiar with DS9
could add something similar for XPA.)

John