voplot issues

Nilesh Urunkar nilesh_urunkar at persistent.co.in
Mon Feb 13 03:52:34 PST 2006

Dear Gerard,

You can install VOPlot on a server for the purpose of using it in a web
based fashion. Section d under clause 3 of the license which describes the
limitations of use, allows redistribution of VOPlot (binaries) if it is
being used as 3rd party tool. Using VOPlot in a web based fashion should be
viewed as usage of VOPlot as 3rd party tool and hence is perfectly legal.
Section 3a only restricts the use of the Program, Source Code and
Documentation in any other fashion except the usage allowed by section 3d.

At present there are limitations on redistribution of modified VOPlot
binaries and source code, since we would like to vet all the changes and
then integrate them into the main codebase for VOPlot with due credit to the
contributors. This will help us support VOPlot and related queries in a
better fashion going forward. In case, if any user modifies the source code
to implement one or more features in VOPlot, then we would like the user to
send us the modified source code so that we can review it and merge it with
main code branch so as to integrate the changes into VOPlot.

As for providing the functionality of creating a filter based on selected
set of points, we will be adding this in the next version of VOPlot.

Thanks & Regards,
Nilesh Urunkar

Senior Member of Technical Staff (VO-India)
Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd.,
Bhageerath, 402 Senapati Bapat Road,
Pune - 411016, India.
Phone: + 91 (20) 25678900