FITS Java library with WCS routines?

Gerard Lemson gerard.lemson at mpe.mpg.de
Fri Nov 4 01:20:31 PST 2005

Petr and others

On http://imagelib.ncsa.uiuc.edu/Horizon/releases.html#FITSWCS
there are links to Java FITS WCS code that I have used in the past.
Quote:

"
FITSWCS 2.4
This package is a translation of the WCSLIB C library by Mark Calabretta
into Java. This library implements the FITS World Coordinate Systems
convention, providing position transformations between a spherical surface
and its projection onto a map plane. The translation of this library was
carried out to support the generalized coordinate classes in
ncsa.horizon.coordinates; however, they can easily be used independently of
the Horizon package.
This package is now available for distribution as a gzip-ed tar file. (Other
distribution formats coming soon.)
"

Address for download:
ftp://imagelib.ncsa.uiuc.edu/pub/java/FITSWCS-2.4.tar.gz

"
This Java package may also be obtained as part of the WCSLIB distribution
(Ver 2.4) by Mark Calabretta which also contains versions implemented in C
and FORTRAN. This distribution can be obtained from:
Australia: ftp://ftp.atnf.csiro.au/pub/software/wcslib/
USA (mirror): http://fits.cv.nrao.edu/src/wcs/
"

Gerard

--
* Gerard Lemson                       * Tel: +49 (0)89 30000-3316
*
* D-85741 Garching, GERMANY           * email: gerard.lemson at mpe.mpg.de
*