CARNIVORE v1.0

Matthew J. Graham mjg at cacr.caltech.edu
Sat Jan 8 21:15:58 PST 2005

Hi,

This is announce the first "official" release of CARNIVORE, the open
source VO Registry, developed at Caltech.

CARNIVORE is a fully-featured registry:

	- supporting publishing via an XForms (W3C specification) interface
	- basic text searching and advanced querying using XQuery and ADQL
	- harvesting via OAI
	- Web Service interface (compliant with the IVOA Registry Interface
specification)
	- web-based administration

Installation is simply a matter of unpacking the downloaded jar file
into an existing Tomcat installation.

CARNIVORE can be downloaded at:

	http://mercury.cacr.caltech.edu:8080/carnivore

Two versions are available: one preloaded with ~11500 records harvested
on January 7, 2005 from CDS, NCSA, HEASARC and JVO registries and one
with no records from other registries.

Please can send me an email if you download CARNIVORE so that I can
keep you abreast of bug fixes and future versions.

Lastly, apologies if you get multiple copies of this email but I am
sending it to a few different lists.

	Cheers,

	Matthew