Patched FITS Java library & WCS library

Petr Kubanek Petr.Kubanek at obs.unige.ch
Thu Dec 8 06:12:20 PST 2005

Hi,

I'm finishing work on patched FITS library, based on orignal
nom.tam.fits, and I already started to write pure-Java WCS library (I'm
currently designing it - I hope I developed quite clever mechanism how
to incorporate various WCS extension easily to it..).

I have two questions:
- I called Java package net.ivoa.fits and net.ivoa.wcs..I can change
name, if somebody from IVOA will feel offended by that.

- I would like to CVS libraries on SourceForge (www.sf.net) - main
reason why I choose SF and not other CVS providers is, that I have
already account there. If somebody have something against that/have
better idea, let me know (I will not setup and maintance separate CVS,
bug tracking etc., when I can find service that provides to me such
things for free..).

I'll put FITS library to SF till christmass, and hopefully core of WCS
will be there as well.

--
Petr Kubanek

Integral Science Data Center           Astronomical Institute
Chemin d'Ecogia 16                     Fricova
CH-1290 Versoix, Geneva, Switzerland   251 56 Ondrejov, Czech Republic
Office +41 22 379 2198                 pkubanek at asu.cas.cz
Petr.Kubanek at obs.unige.ch