TOPCAT/STIL/STILTS future

Mark Taylor m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Mon Aug 1 04:05:57 PDT 2005

Dear VO people,

further to my announcement of upgraded table software a month ago:

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005, Mark Taylor wrote:

>    TOPCAT V1.6    (Graphical table/VOTable analysis and processing tool)
>    STIL   V2.3-1  (Generic table/VOTable I/O and processing library)
>    STILTS V0.2b   (Command-line generic table/VOTable processing utilities)
>
> These releases are dated 30 June 2005.  Recent funding decisions by the
> UK's Particle Physics and Astronomy Research Council mean that the
> Starlink project, under which this software has been developed, will
> cease to exist after that date.  I am hoping to secure some funding
> which will enable me to continue to support and develop these items
> in the future, but at the moment this is uncertain.

I'm glad to say that I have at least 12 months more funding from PPARC
to work on support and development of TOPCAT and related products,
so the software's future is safe for now.  Thanks to those of you
who wished me well in securing this.

Mark Taylor    Starlink Programmer     Physics,  Bristol University, UK