Comparison between observational and theoretical SEDs in VO.

Hans-Martin Adorf adorf at mpe.mpg.de
Mon Apr 18 05:33:47 PDT 2005

Hi Enrique,

I'm intrigued by your announcement. The one thing I'd like to add is
that since quite a while we, at the German Astrophysical Virtual
Observatory, have been working on a tool that can be used for comparing
observed with theoretical SEDs. The tool implements a statistical
classifier and is available on our Web
(http://www.g-vo.org/portal/tile/products/services/sedclassifier/index.jsp).
It is currently being used in a scientific project.

So far we have not incorporated any VOTable or VOSpec into our SED
classifier, but are looking forward to doing so at some suitable point.
May be we could join forces. Unfortunately, none of us will be
participating in the Kyoto event, so we will have to look for another
opportunity, in case you're interested. I myself am certainly open to
discussions, also over the phone, at least to get started.

Cheers
Hans-Martin

--
Dr. Hans-Martin Adorf . Max-Planck-Institut f. extraterrestrische Physik
. Giessenbachstr. 1 . D-85741 Garching b. München . Germany