SAMP browser plugin? Re: SAMP and HTTPS workaround?

Thomas Boch thomas.boch at astro.unistra.fr
Mon Oct 14 16:58:05 CEST 2019

Le 14/10/2019 à 14:37, Mark Taylor a écrit :
> Hi Hugo,
>
> thanks for the input.  I didn't go through all the possibilities
> in my talk, but yes a browser plugin of some sort might be able to
> solve the problem (and historically I think that some SAMP browser
> plugins existed before the Web Profile was introduced as an alternative
> solution to that problem, but I don't think they got much beyond
> the experimental stage).  A couple of other people mentioned this
> at the meeting too.

I think Sebastien Derriere demonstrated the concept at an earlier ADASS
meeting in Japan, in a talk entitled '’SAMP’ling Your Browser for the
Semantic Web' (http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2010ASPC..434..159D ).

I think I quite like the idea of developing a plugin to overcome Web
SAMP issues raised by HTTPS pages.

Thomas