sampjs

Mark Taylor m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Wed Nov 14 08:33:31 PST 2012

hey sampsters,

stimulated by one thing and another, I have finally got round to
some tidying up of samp.js, the javascript SAMP library that
I wrote when we were defining the SAMP Web Profile, and that I
believe is in use in some form on a few pages out there.
Improvements include:

  - It's now hosted on github
  - More/Better examples
  - Some in-line documentation (comments on functions etc)
  - New functions which make it easier to write usable SAMP pages
       (user does not need to explicitly register/unregister;
       SAMP functionality can be hidden if no SAMP hub is running)
        - see Connector methods onHubAvailability() and runWithConnection()

Thanks to Amit Kapadia (zooniverse, www.astrojs.org) and Markus
Demleitner (GAVO) for some help with this.

See here for more info:

   http://astrojs.github.com/sampjs/