x-samp namespace suggestion

Sylvain LAFRASSE sylvain.lafrasse at obs.ujf-grenoble.fr
Tue Sep 27 06:13:59 PDT 2011

>    1. Is the x-samp convention a good idea?

It sounds a litlle bit conservatve to me, but should be a a good workaround to the heavy standard updating process.

>    2. Should the imminent version (1.3) of the standard include a
>       new metadata item samp.application-identifier (or something
>       else along similar lines, and if so what)?

Our point was twofold.
The straight forward one is that samp.application.name should be MANDATORY.
Then, our projects would need a keyword to point to a download page for any application (preferably a JNLP URL ;). The definite solution would of course be having a universal app identifier that points to a registry entry with all the application details !

>    3. Should we make these changes to the document now, adding a short
>       delay to acceptance time?

Definitely :)

Best regards,
Sylvain