JSAMP 1.2 Release

Mark Taylor m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Feb 15 08:06:55 PST 2011

Hi all,

this is to announce the release of JSAMP v1.2.
It can be found, as usual, at

   http://software.astrogrid.org/doc/jsamp/

The main change at this release is introduction of support for the
experimental Web Profile which we discussed at the Nara Interop a
couple of months ago (http://www.star.bristol.ac.uk/~mbt/websamp/).
Some other related changes to the hub running framework have been made,
notably deprecation of the xmlrpc.HubRunner class in favour of hub.Hub,
which can run multiple different profiles simultaneously.
Since the Web Profile is still under discussion, the hub does not
run it by default, it is only available if explicitly turned on.

Full details of the changes at this release, which include also
a number of bug fixes and minor enhancements, can be found in the
"Change Log" section of the web site
(http://software.astrogrid.org/doc/p/jsamp/1.2/history.html#Version_1_2).

The work on the Web Profile was suggested by Jonathan Fay and financially
supported by Microsoft Research, and this support is gratefully
acknowledged.  I would also like to thank Laurent Bourgès for
help with debugging a number of concurrency issues.

Any queries, comments, bug reports etc, please contact me either on
list or by email.