Applications Talks at Naples

Tom McGlynn Thomas.A.McGlynn at nasa.gov
Wed Apr 20 04:04:51 PDT 2011

Dear Colleagues,

This letter is a request to let us know if you would like to give a
presentation in the Applications sessions at the Naples InterOp.
Currently there are four sessions for Apps though the details of the
schedule may change.  A tentative schedule for the Applications
sessions is available at
http://www.ivoa.net/cgi-bin/twiki/bin/viewauth/IVOA/InterOpMay2011Applications.

One session will discuss the SAMP standard and issues related to
registering applications.

We anticipate two sessions for demonstrations and discussion of
applications in general.  These sessions are nominally divided into
Web and local application sessions but that's just a convenient method
of organization and may be changed if appropriate to use the time
effectively.  Generally these talks/demos are ~15 minutes including
questions.  Note that one of the primary focuses of these talks and
demos should be how the IVOA standards help or hinder the application.
  We want to give feedback on the development of the IVOA standards.

A special session joint with the DAL WG is for TAP applications.
This is targeted particularly to end-user applications that use TAP.
  Data providers talking about building TAP servers may be
accommodated if there is time.

If you wish to give a talk, please send information to Mark or me
including the authors, title, a short description of the talk and the
session in which you hope to present.

	Regards,

	Tom McGlynn  Tom.McGlynn at nasa.gov
	Mark Taylor  m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk