new MType proposals.

Noel Winstanley noel.winstanley at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Mar 31 04:09:20 PDT 2009

Hi,
I'd like to propose 2 new SAMP mtypes, for exchanging references to
registry resources and academic papers. Both are based on existing
plastic messages at http://eurovotech.org/twiki/bin/view/VOTech/PlasticMessagesProposal

-------

1 Exchange a bibcode (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bibcode)
MType:
	bibcode.load
Parameters:
	bibcode: (required) the bibcode to load
Return Values:
	none

--------

2 Exchange a set of VOResources (http://www.ivoa.net/Documents/latest/VOResource.html
)
MType:
	voresource.loadlist
Parameters:
	name: (optional) name for this set of resources
	ids: (required) map of IVOID -> (optional) URL
		The keys of this map are the IVO-identifiers of the voresources to
load. The optional value associated with each key is an URL from which
the XML of the voresource can be downloaded.

Return Values:
	none

The URL values in the ids map are optional and need not be provided,
but may be useful for a receiving application which isn't able to
query a registry service. (e.g. because it doesn't bundle the whole
SOAP stack required to do this)

----

The latest snapshot of VODesktop sends and receives both these
messages. However, I'm happy to alter the implementation as you see
fit. For example, do the mtype names fit with existing conventions?

Any opinions or comments?
cheers
noel.

---