MType list

Juan de Dios Santander Vela jdsant at iaa.es
Mon Jan 19 04:17:17 PST 2009

El 19/01/2009, a las 12:49, Mark Taylor escribió:
> [...]
>  d) agree to issue an IVOA Recommendation Track document along the
>     lines of the UCD1+ Controlled Vocabulary document, as suggested
>     by Jesus Salgado, and fix the text to refer to this as something
>     which will be available (once it's gone through the lengthy
>     recommendation process)
> [...]
> Does anybody have input on how we should respond to this comment?
> It would be good to have fairly prompt replies so we can continue the
> recommendation process without too much delay.

I think that the best course of action is similar to your d) proposal:
providing a quarterly update on the MTypes list, or if that is
considered too frequent, a twice a year update based on the App
sessions in IVOA InterOps. Should we involved, perhaps, the Semantics
group in the maintenance of what it is a kind (albeit a different one)
of controlled vocabulary?

--
Juan de Dios Santander Vela
Diplomado en CC. Físicas, Ingeniero en Electrónica

Linus Pauling: La mejor forma de tener buenas ideas  es tener muchas
ideas.