JSAMP 1.0 release

Mark Taylor m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Thu Aug 6 07:03:25 PDT 2009

Dear Sampers,

This is to advertise the release v1.0 of JSAMP, the Java SAMP toolkit.
You can find it at:

   http://software.astrogrid.org/doc/jsamp/

Full details of the changes at this version can be found at:

   http://software.astrogrid.org/doc/p/jsamp/1.0/history.html#Version_1_0

There are a number of minor new features, a few bug fixes, and some
tidying up since the last release.  There is also a new optional
infrastructure component, the Bridge, which I will discuss in a
separate message.

Application developers using the JSAMP library in their code are mildly
recommended to upgrade.  There may be some minor backward compatibility
issues; these are described in the version history above, which should
be read by developers planning to so upgrade.

Any comments, bugs, queries etc, please contact me by mail or on
this list.