Second bash at SAMPified TOPCAT

Mark Taylor m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Sep 19 10:43:01 PDT 2008

On Fri, 5 Sep 2008, Mark Taylor wrote:

> I have added some SAMP functionality to TOPCAT.  You can find a pre-release
> version at
>
>   ftp://andromeda.star.bris.ac.uk/pub/star/topcat/pre/
>
> I've documented the MTypes that I've used on the IVOA wiki at
>
>   http://www.ivoa.net/cgi-bin/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/SampMTypes

I've SAMPed up TOPCAT a bit more now.  It can now do everything using
SAMP that it used to do using PLASTIC.  Same URLs as before.
See earlier message (quoted above) for a bit more detail.
This is still experimental (not public TOPCAT release, not properly
documented), but seems to be working OK.

Most of the SAMP work, including GUI stuff like send menus which are
automatically reconfigured accroding to which clients are subscribed,
is done by the JSAMP library.  So other applications using JSAMP (v0.2)
should find it relatively easy to do similar things.