samp.hub.disconnect

Mark Taylor m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Sep 16 06:58:04 PDT 2008

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008, Luigi Paioro wrote:

> Great!
>
> Do you think it would be worth providing the message with an optional
> argument telling the reason of the disconnection?

good idea.

I've drafted a description of this message at

    http://www.ivoa.net/cgi-bin/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/SampMTypes

if there is no substantial disagreement, I will incorporate it in the
next version of the SAMP document.

With regard to Mike's suggestion:

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008, Mike Fitzpatrick wrote:

> We probably want both forms in fact, e.g. so the hub can broadcast a
> Notification to
> other apps that the client was disconnected.

my feeling is that the samp.hub.event.unregister message which the hub
ought to send at the same time is sufficient information for other
clients, so I don't think an additional samp.hub.event.disconnect MType
is called for.