Language neutrality

John Taylor jontayler at gmail.com
Thu May 22 21:55:48 PDT 2008

Hi.  I think the reason was
a) People were writing clients that expected the method perform(), not
plastic.perform(), so we changed the spec to fit the implementations (it was
just tripping too many people up)
b) Worries about problems with method names with periods screwing up certain
languages.  I can be reasonably sure that this issue was brought up by Al!
John

--
Google Pittsburgh is hiring!