ISSUE: Message-id management

Mike Fitzpatrick fitz at noao.edu
Tue May 13 02:39:11 PDT 2008

> I will try to clarify that footnote as you suggest.  Note however that
> the people who need to worry about this point are hub implementors
> rather than client implementors, so probably not too novice.

To my way of thinking, "implementing SAMP" includes Hubs and clients.
Novice or not, the current words don't do justice to what a separate
hub-msg-id offers without some more explanation.  My 'reflections'
included cases where the hub-msg-id had a timestamp to allow
msg expiration, or encoded-mtypes to deliver only most-recent
messages.   If you can claim checksums, give me at least this
(especially since I'm agreeing with you 8-)).

Cheers,
-Mike